...and the flame trap's connected to the...nothing!

Hi all,

My car: 1995 850GLT w/170K km

I was having a few problems and suspected the flame trap so I got great advice on how to locate and clean it on Volvospeed/Bay13.

Good news: the flame trap was pretty clean Bad news: the rubber elbow attached to the flame trap was connected to a length of copper pipe (about 14") which was not connected to anything. That explains why the flame trap was clean AND why exhaust fumes seemed to be coming from under the hood periodically.

So I've seen an exploded view of the PCV system on FCP Groton's website and can see that the other end of the pipe goes into another rubber elbow connector. But how do I get to it? Do I have to pull the whole air intake manifold? Can I get at it from underneath? Is there something else I could remove that would give me access? It seems so tight in there.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated...I feel I'm so close to an answer!

Thanks, blurp

Reply to
blurp

Try removing the fan and shroud to see if that gives you enough room.

Reply to
Mike F

Thanks Mike, that's a good tip and I think removal of the fan and shroud is more within the realm of my abilities than removing the intake.

Thanks again! blurp

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 11:34:41 -0400, the illustrious Mike F favored us with the following prose:

Reply to
blurp