Where to find the air conditioning filter on a 1998 Camry?

The filter needs to be replaced. But I looked in the dashboardcabin where I suspected it, but I couldn't find it. Anyone knows where to find it?

Thnx ahead

Reply to
Co

probably something like this:

Next time do a search. Been discussed to death here.

Reply to
timbirr

Your question is not making sense. I'm guessing you either mean:

  1. You were unable to find the filter in the location specified by this link:
    or, 2. You want to know where to buy the filter? I'd start with the Toyota dealer...
Reply to
onehappymadman

Ok, thnx for the information...

I DID a search... and I couldn't find it.... so that's why I asked it in here... looking for some help...

The information provided is not the information I need, this is what's already done.. i suspected it here, like I tried to describe in my first message...

So does anyone know where to find it?

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Co

Ah, I understand now. You are trying to find something that does not exist.

The air con filters apparently first appeared in the 2002 Camries. You don't have a filter to change.

Reply to
onehappymadman

I'm sorry I'm writing in perfect english...

I don't wanna know where to buy the filter... that's not the problem... I was indeed unable to find the filter in the location specified by the provided link... so does anyone have a clue where else to find it?

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Co

Ok.... that's a good reason for not being able to find it... Thank you for your answer.. I did find out it wasn't there in the 1989 models, but I didn't see it was only after 2002 that it had the filter...

The Toyota dealer SOLD the filter and said it was too crowded now else he would fit it in the car... so that's why I had to do it myself.... So I think I'll go back to the dealer

Thnx for the info

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Co

You're welcome.

That's strange... he sold you a filter, not asking you what year your car was? Or he asked, and sold you the filter anyway?

Just curious, does your manual mention anything about an aircon filter?

Good luck...

Reply to
onehappymadman

I was just going to write back and say my parts house doesn't list a cabin filter for the '98, so I was thinking that they don't have one....and then I saw your answer, but then he posted back with 1989, which even I know did not have cabin filters.....so I don't know what year he's asking about....but doesn't matter if neither year has the filter.

I bet the filters from 2002-up are all the same tho., which is why the parts guy didn't ask for a year.....I still get ticked tho. $30+ for a little piece of glorified paperboard.

Reply to
timbirr

snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote: snip

I had filters made for my furnace at a local place called Clean Air that specializes in filter manufacturing. They're made with an electrostatic media plus a pre-filter so they filter and trap by static charge (by air moving across media) plus I just wash them off, blow or vacuum dry and reinstall. They weren't very expensive, appx what it cost for a years supply of regular paper filters. You might be able to get something made for your cabin filter and eliminate the expensive filters plus get better filtering. davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

My guess is that 3M would be selling these at a reasonable price like their filtrete filters if there was a lot of excess profit in it.

Reply to
Art

They came out with the 3M filters after I had mine made and at close to the same cost of mine. Mine are a little sturdier though so I'm happy. As far as 3M making them for autos, there are so many different shapes and sizes I doubt they could supply all of them and make a profit.

Reply to
davidj92

Well guys and girls,

I find out the answer!! There IS a filter! I've found it at the drivers seat on the right sight on the middle console (?) I don't know if it's understandable english.... you first have to remove the carpet and then you see a white plate. After removing the plate you have to remove another little plate before you can see the filter. When you remove the first filter, the second filter will appear. They are above each other.

And then I have a little reaction on what's said down here:

I was just going to write back and say my parts house doesn't list a cabin filter for the '98, so I was thinking that they don't have one....and then I saw your answer, but then he posted back with 1989, which even I know did not have cabin filters.....so I don't know what year he's asking about....but doesn't matter if neither year has the filter.

First of all. I'm not a guy! Was important enough for me to mention.... Second... I didn't mix the years or made a typo... I just meant that the car is a 1998 Camry... and after research I find there is no filter befor 1989. Years may look like each other, but that was really what I meant........

Greetings

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Co

THERE IS NO AIR CONDITION FILTER on the 1998 , ive checked and asked this question last year. :D

Reply to
leasaunce

So, you mean, on the driver's side, to the right of the gas pedal, to the left of the radio, is where you found your filters?

Does the filter you bought from the dealer fit into this space?

Interesting...

Reply to
onehappymadman

Yesterday evening I've replaced it!! So there IS a filter. And yes, I'm sure it's that filter and not anything else....

So, you mean, on the driver's side, to the right of the gas pedal, to the left of the radio, is where you found your filters? YES THAT's CORRECT

Does the filter you bought from the dealer fit into this space? YES IT DOES

Interesting... Well it is indeed!

"leasaunce" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...

Reply to
Co

Well done well done... I will have to check that area on my '96 to see if there is a filter there also.

What inspired you to check this location, by the way? Did the dealer tell you?

Reply to
onehappymadman

Help us out a bit... is it *right next* to the gas pedal? Or further down, say a foot towards the back?

Kind of strange to put a filter right next to smelly/dirty feet/shoes... :)

Reply to
onehappymadman

I highly doubt it. Especially after a third poster also said there is no filter in this car. But, if you breathe enough fuel, you can "see" lots of things

Reply to
timbirr

No cabin air filter was put in the Camry until 2002. I just went to the dealer today for an inspection and checked with the service and parts departments. This poster must be talking about something else.

Reply to
badgolferman