Assessing engine condition

Hi there again,

I'm about to dump some more money into my old car again. 150.000 mi./

13yr old. Before I do this I think I should be looking at the condition of the engine.

What I know :

uses very little oil, spark plugs always look great, runs good, feels good, new valves 40,000 mi. ago, good reputation for durability (mitsubishi motor 4g63), and I'm going to compression check it tomorrow.

Any thoughts on what else I might want to look at or check into is very much appreciated.

Sincerely, Greg

Reply to
Greg

What kind of Volvo is it?

Reply to
Brick_0

It's not actually a volvo but rather a mitsubishi eclipse with the 4g63 motor which I mention only because they're known for having a solid bottom end. My question is a general one regarding the assessment of an engine and I posted this one here because you guys have been very helpful with my questions about my turrbocharger and in general as compared to the mitsubishi site.

Sincerely, Greg

Reply to
Greg

Possibly S/V40?

Cheers, Peter.

: > Hi there again, : >

: > I'm about to dump some more money into my old car again. 150.000 mi./ : > 13yr old. : > Before I do this I think I should be looking at the condition of the : > engine. : >

: > What I know : : >

: > uses very little oil, spark plugs always look great, runs good, feels : > good, new valves 40,000 mi. ago, good reputation for durability : > (mitsubishi motor 4g63), and I'm going to compression check it : > tomorrow. : >

: > Any thoughts on what else I might want to look at or check into is very : > much appreciated. : >

: > Sincerely, Greg : >

: :

Reply to
Peter Milnes