AWD R not at motorshow

So no AWD R S60 or V70 at the UK Birmingham motorshow.

A cut down V70 was there in a safety exhibit but that was it.

Whys that then??? I've seen 3 on the road now, 2 x S60 and 1 x V70. I live near a large Volvo dealer and around here everyone's got a Volvo but the dealer doesn't seam to sell them, or ever have any on demo?

Also the AWD R's haven't been included in the latest update of the S60 / V70. I wonder if Volvo are going to cancel it?

AND, I noticed that the Rover 75 V8 on Top Gear last Sunday night beat an S60 AWD R around the Top gear Test track. In fact, there was only 3 cars below it. and I think 2 of those were trucks and land rovers.

How can a shoe horned mustang V8 engine driving rear wheels of a car that was never designed to run rear wheel drive, with no traction control or clever set ups beat a (supposedly) top 4x4 setup with active suspension?

Reply to
Tim Guy