B21A gettin' old.

Hi folks!

I have an old Volvo (B21A) with 300000+ km on it. I think that it is becoming more and more sluggish. It lacks that ooomph! :-) Ignition timing is working, both mecanical and vacuum. Fuel mixture is ok. I have not checked the compression yet, but it was OK some year ago.

What should I suspect at first? Worn camshaft? Bad valves? Piston rings?

Andy

Reply to
Volvoman

Check the carburettor for leaks/false air. Mine has 205000 and runs fine. I changed the mechanical ignition to an electrical. Use a newer 240 engine as a donor for the module and distributor, high voltage unit and wireing. It really works better when starting and idle is more stable. Fuel consumption is the same. But you'll lack the contact points ;-)

Does it consume oil?

Martijn

144 73 244 81 262 80 Merc 180 95

Reply to
Martijn

"Does it consume oil?"

Well, not really. I have to refill once in a while, but not too often.

"Martijn" skrev i meddelandet news:403e62ae$0$80599$ snipped-for-privacy@news.wanadoo.nl...

consumption

Reply to
Volvoman