1988 mercury sable wont start

my sable has a 3.0 v6. ihave spark, 90psi compression at each cylinder, and 40psi fuel pressure at the schrader valve. rotor points to #1 position when #1 cylinder is at tdc on compression stroke."dist. has never been out of car."i got two codes on reader, air charge temp sensor out of range and ect coolant temp sensor out of range.spark looked yellowish so i put new coil, plugs, dist cap, and rotor on. spark is bright blue and snappy. replaced both sensors i had error codes on and fuel regulator just in case. only get code 11 system pass now. this car would not restart when out on erand. it doesnt even try to pop. i put gas directly into cylinder and no pop. i thought it might be flooding so i lit all cylinders and they all flamed out so it is getting fuel i assume.almost have all my hair torn out please help before im bald!

Reply to
randal70

Put a spoonful of oil in each cylinder, one at a time. Re-check compression. If compression rises, rings are suspect to be worn; if no change, valves (or else than rings) are suspect. All this based on 90 psi compression--dunno what spec is , but I think 90 psi would be low; it is good, however for all cyl's to have equal comp.. Your fuel pressure seemed good. But, you might also check volume: ~ 1.0 pint in 30 seconds. One final thought: not much to lose in trying a fresh set of "good" plugs, a known brand from a source where they should not suffer from aged shelf-life. HTH, and good luck. s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Did the timing chain jump time ?

Reply to