B280F water pump access?

Hi all,

I've read that the intake plenum needs to be removed to remove the water pump on the B28F engine.

I can see the small connector pipes under the plenum in the B280F, and it looks accessible. Does the plenum need to come off to re & re the pump? The B280F has L-jet injection.

I have to change all the hoses, check the pump for leaks and replace the T-stat, flush the whole business out as well.

Thanks

Reply to
M.R.S.

If you can see the connectors for the 2 lines at the bottom of the water pump, that run to the back of the block on top of the valley cover (on the B28F), then you do not need to remove the intake manifold. I did the job on a B28F and did need to remove the entire intake. I documented this on my web site (

)Best of luck... Cam

Reply to
RiverLink