Be careful dealing with myswedishparts.com - Volvo of Richardson, TX

I've had a very difficult time trying to get my order sorted out with them. The double billed, then never delivered and now are giving me a hard time about getting the billing reversed. I've bought thousands of dollars worth of Volvo parts mail order from multiple sources over the past 15 years and this is the first time I have had such a difficult experience. The "manager" there claims everything is my fault, but that is nonsense as all I did was to place an order on their website. Recently he promised a refund, then surprised me by only giving a partial refund which he said nothing about until after the fact. I've started a dispute with my credit card company and will probably get is sorted out, but I wish I had known to not start down this road with them at all. In the future I will stick with well established Volvo mail order parts dealers like Borton Volvo for original parts and eeuroparts.com for aftermarket stuff. Both of them have never given me a bit of trouble.

myswedisparts.com appears to be a web name for Volvo of Richardson.

Perhaps others will have better luck, but the experience has left me rather sour.

Reply to
John Horner

My experience with them has only been direct purchases from the parts counter (I live near Dallas). Aside from being ridiculously expensive (as dealers are), I have had no problems. I guess it's hard to screw up single part purchases. I have heard other complaints from customers doing warranty work.

As for web orders, I think the most well-known distributors are FCPGroton.com - they have probably the better selection of mechanical parts at discount prices and fast shipping. IPDusa.com is known mainly for performance and suspension, and more expensive than FCP. VLVworld.com is the accessory place. I am sure the others you mentioned are fine shops, too.

Reply to
Jamie

I would contact Volvo cars of America & let them know your experience they will be most interested & most likely will be able to help you resolve your problem Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician ASE Certified Technician

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Volvo of Richardson credited the disputed amount within days of my sending documentation of the history of this issue to my credit card company, so it seems that they realized they didn't have a leg to stand on in arguing about the charge-back from the credit card processor.

This is one very good reason to always use a credit card when making mail order purchases as the credit card company gives you a very good way of resolving disputes.

Reply to
John Horner