Belgium, Sweden, Canada, Netherlands - all the same or not?

Now that Volvos are made in many locations, do they all turn out good cars?

Are some factories better than others?

Reply to
Nospam

They aren't making the same models at different places. There is no real comparison. Many seats are made in Belgium, many engines are made in Sweden, etc. The assembly is done in a particular place for a particular model.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning

Nova Scotia plant is closed, since Dec. 1999, I think.

Reply to
Jeff Lesperance

In general, I would assume that the various final assembly plants follow the same the manufacturing and QA processes, regardless of model. The overall build quality should be about the same. I would also expect that all the parts used come from the same vendors, so there shouldn't be nuch if any variation there, either..

My 944t was assembled in Halifax, Canada (now closed). It looks good to me!

As a side note, I've heard stories from VW owners that one should avoid buying one assembled in Mexico or Brazil and to get a Wolfsburg car instead, but I don't know if there is anything to it. I do know from experience with my wife's '92 Jetta (assembled in Wolfsburg), that it had some slightly different parts than those assembled in other places.

Reply to
Aleric

This is actually a myth, but some people believe the German cars are a lot better... I have a German Golf, my dad has a Brazilian Golf, aside from my bumper being aligned 100% perfect (his hangs down ever so slightly, and you probably wouldn't notice it) both cars are as good as the other.

Reply to
Rob Guenther