Break replacement on '97 850

I think I have a problem with my break, and any information would be appreciated.

Since few days ago, every time I break I would hear a squeak sound.

Is that a sign that my pads are worn or it is just dirty and need to be cleaned.

Thanx in advance.

Reply to
<philip.pham

Have the brakes checked regularly. If checked regularly, you will just have to get the brake pads replaced which doesn't cost much.

If you wait until you hear a grinding sound, you will have to pay to get the disks ground down or replaced. That is much more expensive.

Another warning. Always have the lug nuts torqued. If tightened too tight, they can warp the disk and they will have to be replaced.

Reply to
Stephen M. Henning