Cd changer for and S-80?

My dealer wants around $1,000 for a 6-CD changer for a 2004 Volvo SO-80. I seem to remember this kind of thing from BMW, too. Now, since I am just buying the car, I could start bargaining. But is there and aftermarket changer-Alpine or other that fit with the electrical system and could operate from the radio?

Reply to
Michael

Check out the changers at Sound Domain or some other electronics firm on the web. The Alpine will work, but requires an adapter to the OEM jack in the back of the radio. I just put an Alpine CHM-S630 in my 1993 850 and it works great. The adapter cost about $25, but there may not be anything available for the 2004's yet. Good luck.

mb

Reply to
Mark Beeman