Pinouts for Delco CD-CHANGER 1997 SC2

Anyone know what the pinouts are for the Delco CD-Changer?

I'm going to hack into the outputs and wire in an AUX input so I can connect an MP3 player to the stereo.

Before you ask: YES, I do have the cd-changer installed. YES, It's the factory radio with the equalizer. It's a 1997 SC2.

I have tried all sorts of googling on the web and newsgroups, and the pinouts just seem to be information that you just cannot find anywhere on the web.

I have found the pinouts for the radio, but they conveniently omit the part of the connector that is spacifically for the CD-Changer. The cd-changer manual is no help either.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

I'd be willing to bet that there is data going across the wiring (and not just signal, of course). Were you planning on building your own interface? There may already be something already available that connects to the OEM radio for a similar purpose - something more advanced than just a signal AUX in.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

I'm sure there is a digital signal of some sort going from the CD-changer to the radio, but that's OK, I'm really only interested in the left channel, right channel and common wires.

I don't need to build an interface.... I already have a CD-changer, and it's currently connected and working. I just want to substitute external audio for the CD-changer's audio.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

Ok, here's a diagram:

Could be pins 9 thru 13 on here?

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

KUDOS! That is just what I needed, thank you.

Actually, it looks like pins 11-16 are used for the cd-changer.

There is no mention of power or ground in those pins... the cd-changer must get them from somewhere other than the radio. That's ok. Maybe if I feel ambitious, I'll rig up a relay and a pushbutton where my traction control switch should be, but for now I'm just going to use a big fat toggle switch hanging out of the console. :)