Changing Tires on 2008 S60

I tried to use the Volvo jack to remove a wheel from my 2008 S60 today. The jack doesn't seem to fit the rod in the jacking point on the car. Does anyone know of a good website with illustrations on how to use that jack? It seems simple but doesn't fit right.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314

My s80 was the same. And it took a couple of try's. The jack u shape piece is smaller on purpose. The weight of the car pushes the rod into that u shape to be secure so it does not sit loose and susceptible to falling off the jack.

Reply to
holycow

Thanks, now I understand what's going on. I'll try again today. Good thing I tried it at home, in the driveway, instead of trying to figure it out in the rain some night on the side of the highway.

Paul

Reply to
Pavel314