Cool display upgrade 96 850 GLT

Hello All

A friend of mine has a 95 850 Turbo that has this really cool LCD display with all sorts of options contolled by a knob on the dashboard. My 96 850 GLT just has an LCD clock. I really like that fancy display and want to put one in my GLT.

My Question:

Is it possible to install that cool display with all the trip and MPG options in my GLT?

If so what components must I gather to make it work?

Regards Russ

Reply to
Russ

the procedure in pictures (in Swedish). Looks like you'll justhave to remove the top of the dashboard, pull out the instruments,replace the clock with the trip computer, and install the selectorswitch into a free slot.The catch here is that you'll have to have VDO instruments - Yazakiapparently won't do. (VDO has both the odometer and the trip odometerbelow the needle.) Furthermore, the trip computer option is not at allavailable for some cars. To be on the safe side, ask a Volvo dealer,quoting the VIN of your car. There apparently is a kit available forthe conversion (shown in the uppermost pic) - the part number isprobably different for an MPG display.

Reply to
Jarkka