Cruise Control inop on 94 Volvo 850, any ideas?

My cruise control has never worked since I bought this 94 850 earlier this year. Should a light come on the dash when it's switched on to let you know it's on? Nothing happens when I turn the switch to on, then press the button to set it.

Wondering where to look first for this?

Thanks,

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

If it's the same as my '95, then, no--there is no light on the dash showing it's active.

The cruise control failed on mine a few months after I bought the car new in '95 and it was fixed under warranty. It's been fine ever since.

cheers,

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Reply to
Joe landy

Thanks Joe, Thats probably it. My 850 has a faulty ABS unit that triggers the ABS light intermittantly. I'll bet that I never tried to turn on the Cruise control when the ABS light was actually off. I'll have to try that next week when I take a drive.

I've been putting off changing the ABS unit for this whole time because my local dealer tells me that they are notoriously of poor quality, so I didnt want to have to buy one now and then again later when it goes out again, guess if I want my CC to work, I'll have to pony up the cash.

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

There is a fellow who is fixing these ABS units and so far all reports are positive.

His price is about 1/4 of what Volvo charges!

Check out:

John

Reply to
John Horner