Door jammed shut 97 850R

I while back I put a post about the rear door jamming shut.....And thanks to those who helped. Having removed the door card (made easyer as the seat swabs are removeable) but I still had to rip one screw out that I could not get to.....Anyway the problem was that the solenoid had over-traveled locking the door to the point that even the interior handle would not open the door....The lock mechanisum is removeable (bit of a fiddle) but do have the window in the up position and you have to remove the screw on the shut-face of the door that holds the lower end of the window glass track,...this is made of rubber so it bends out of the way once the screw is removed.You will need some of those Torx drives to get this lot out (what ever happened to slotted head screws) I got a solenoid from my local breaker yard and all seems OK so far!!

ttfn.....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross