E-test questions (IM240 test method)

I have two questions and wondering if someone could help me.

1/ Does the vehicle mileage (>290,000 km) has any bearing on test specification limits use for pass and fail criteria? 2/ Just received an e-test today for the car with the above mileage with a hydrocarbons a bit high but still pass e-test at ~ 1600 rpm. Any suggestion to improve it?

Notes:

The vehicle has a new catalic converter about three months ago > Car is running fine

Thx in advance for your help. MN

Reply to
Mnn

1.) No. 2.) In my jurisdiction (Ontario), the test ends as soon as the software determines that you're going to pass, even if the allocated test time is not finished. So as the catalytic convertor heats up, emissions start falling and then when the last pollutant falls below the specified limit, the test ends. As a result, often one of the numbers is very close to the limit, even on very clean cars. A lot depends on how long the car has been sitting (cat cooling off). So you may not even have a problem. To lower hydrocarbons, change the oil, make sure the PCV system is clean, and the normal tune up stuff is new.
Reply to
Mike F

Reply to
Mnn