Emergency Brakes

Good day,

i just purchased a 1999 V70 XC and had a quick question. The vehicle has 145,000 miles on it and within a week of getting it home, the emergency brakes dislodged due to non-use and started tearing up the inside of the drivers side rear wheel. Unfortunately, being a poor grad student, i don't quite have the funds to have this professionally done and was wondering if it would affect the performance of the car if I just removed all the emergency braking hardware until next summer.

I did have a mechanic take a look at it and he said that this was the only thing wrong with it.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thank you.

Reply to
Trey