Engine change

Can anyone advise me. Can an engine from a manual 740 be put onto an auto gearbox. if so what would need changing. I've been told that the cranks are different but I don't no if this is true. Any reply would be much appreciated if only to say it can't be done. Thanks in advance

Reply to
tigger

I've swapped a couple transmissions in 740's from auto to manual and the only thing I had to change was the flywheel, the newest was '87 though, but I don't think anything ever changed internally to the engine.

Reply to
James Sweet