Engine Reving At A Standstill on a volvo 460

Having problems with my J reg Volvo 460 GLE i - everytime i come to a standstill at either coming to a junction or traffic lights the engine revs

4-5 times without me doing anything. My particular model is a multipoint injection. Although i dont think or hope this is a major problem it is a niggle i would like to eradicate.

Thanks for any help

Coop

Reply to
Coop

you've probably got a problem with the throttle bypass valve. But before you replace anything I would remove the battery and thoroughly clean the earth connection to the carbody below. (and check the one on the engine near the fuelrail)

If the problem persist read out the faultcodes and take it from there

Reply to
M-gineering

Cheers mate will check out your advice and post if it works or not.

Thanks

Reply to
Coop