Engine stalls

A friend of mine has a 850 1996 10V. From time to time the engine stalls when driving but recovers again, when it happens in idling, the engine stops completely.

What could be wrong vacuum leak, fuel line, AMM or....?

Reply to
Per Groth Ludvigsen

Hi,

Firstly I'd be looking at the small rubber bend on the end of the inlet manifold (that you can hardly see let alone reach!) which deteriorates and causes intermittent vacuum leaks. It's on the alternator end of the motor. I've replaced mine twice with a short piece of rubber vacuum line successfully. It is possible to do without dissassembling things but it's really fiddly.

If he hasn't yet replaced the ignition leads, when the plastic bits from the plugs to the leads (inside the "tunnels" to the plugs) break down, he'll get strange lumpiness and missing until it gets bad enough to be obvious. Something to keep in mind.

Regards Barry

Reply to
Baz

Will suggest him to exchange all rubber bends as they have never been exchanged.

Cheers Per

Reply to
Per Groth Ludvigsen