Engine wiring harness replacement 1980 245

When I hit big bumps on the highway I get a hesitation in my 1980 245. I think maybe one of the engine wiring harnesses needs replacement. When I looked in my Haynes manual I did not see much about the steps involved. How extensive is the replacement process for the home mechanic? Which harness should be replaced? Any suggestions on a source of parts other than the local Volvo dealer? Thx.

Reply to
howard

You should check out Dave Barton's web site as a source for the wiring harness,

I bought a harness from Dave earlier this year and save about 100 bucks over buying it from the dealer.

I have also seen them on ebay occasionally.

It's not a difficult job, especially with the diagrams that Dave sends along with the harness. I chose to remove the intake manifold and do a bit of cleaning and maintainence at the same time. Check out Dave Shannon's site for his how-to on replacing the harness.

--

'67 122 - 1st car '70 142 - Lemon '72 145 - Gone But Not Forgotten '81 242t - Esther's Turbo (Project Car) '82 245 - POS '89 740ti - Ilsa, Daily Driver

Reply to
Don Hodgdon