Volvo Longevity

I'm frugal (my friends call it cheap) as I like to keep my cars over 15 years with me putting on an average of 25,000 km (15,000 miles) a year.

Right now my 1989 Camry 4 cylinder is at 380,000 km (228,000 miles) so I'm ..slowly.. getting ready for my next car.

I'm considering an S60 - and was wondering what the group's opinion is of that model & my chances of having it over 15 years (without going broke in repairs).

It's pretty new for there to be a lot of info on it, there's plenty of 200 and 700 series cars with over 300k miles on them but that's an entirely different beast.

Reply to
James Sweet

I've got a 2001 S60 with 92,000 miles on it. So far so good. I have had some problems with it. I had some brake booster issues, the links on the suspension and some power window problems. I picked up an extended warranty when I bought it used, so luckily everthing so far has been covered.

I have heard some horror stories about Volvos that have been manufactured post-1999 though. Just seems like reliability is not what it used to be.

My $0.02

CD

Reply to
Charlie Derk