Fitting OEM Volvo Towbar to 1996 850

A friend with a 99 V70 wagon is selling the car and has offered me the OEM towbar kit for my 96 850 wagon. I believe the towbar and connections for these two models are identical, is that correct? Can anyone outline the basic removal and refitting procedure and any points to watch out for?

TIA Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@f24g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Try this link :

56it's a guide manual for fitting the hitch.I fitted my hitch without any problems.I'm not sure if the electrical connectors are the same for V70 and 850....

Reply to
Brian Sørup

"Chris" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@f24g2000prh.googlegroups.com...

Link for fitting the wires .

Brian Sørup

You should say where you are - because towbars may be different in different countries. I assume from your address that you're in Australia? I know how to fit a UK towbar, but yours may be different. However, it's likely to involve removing the rear bumper in order to get at the ends of the chassis members. ISTR that either the end bits of the bar itself or some threaded plates have to be inserted into the ends of the chassis tubes. It's a long time ago (1999) since I fitted a bar to my previous V70. If the 850 bumper is similar to the V70, you have to drill out some rivets where it attaches to the wheel-arch liner, and undo two large vertical bolts which go up through the bumper's internal square aluminium tube. Then the bumper just slides off rearwards (two person job!)

Reply to
Roger Mills