Front end metal noise

Hi, I have a 1999 V70 wagon with 104,000 miles. It has been an AWESOME car no troubles and used daily, I'm in sales. My problem istarted last year; a metalic metal on metal noise went I go over moderate bumps. I have this car in to my mechanic evey six months for oil change and a general look-see(it is seven years old). He is baffeled, all sway bars seem to be fine, the boots are fine and the struts are tight(whatever that means). I live in New England and the roads are not the greatest, is this just normal? The noise is annoying, can it be fixed? I really like this car and want to drive and keep it for awhile, any suggestions? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
jim

I had a similar noise on my 98 S70. I found it was the hood catches (what keeps the hood locked in place) that needed a little adjustment to keep the hood down nice and tight and prevent it from bouncing up and down when going over bumps. You may also want to ensure you still have the rubber bumpers under the hood. Good luck!

Peete

Reply to
Peete