gas mileage '92 960?

i recently acquired a car of that description, and after the usual cleanup of the engine compartment and replacement of all fluids, etc., i did my first mileage test. preliminary is 20mpg (us miles) in a mix of very local (under four miles trips) and one trip to denver (distance 30 miles on highway) and one to the airport (50 miles distant by highway). so this is pretty good test.

the engine has 187k miles on it.

does this mileage seem right?

[my '91 940T gets 23mpg in similar driving.]
Reply to
arthur wouk

20mpg is what the previous owner of my '92 960 (with 180K) claimed. I haven't had the car long, but that's what it seems to be working out to.

Cheers, Walt

Reply to
WJ

With our 1993 960 wagon we've got anywhere from 8.89L per 100kms pure highway 26.45mpg apparantly... Around 10-11L in the city (23.5-21.4mpg) in the warm weather, and 12-15L in the winter (19.6-15.58)

Don't expect the worst tho, that was purely short hop driving (less then

2kms per trip usually... some 10km + trips) over a span of around 2 weeks where it was frigid (-40°C with the windchill cold to -20 w/wind warm).
Reply to
Rob Guenther