Head Bolt Wrench

A friend is needing to pull his diesel head. What are the star wrenches called and is there a convenient source? Please email direct, Thanks, Wilson

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

If the car is a 700 then they are six-spline bolts but if a 900 they are twelve spline bolts IIRC. Most accessory stores should stock them (like Halfords in UK), possibly IPD (Portland, Oregon).

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes

I've worked on all my cars and others for 40 years, but never run across this problem. We have found that they are "triple square", 12 tooth splines, 12 mm. S-K makes them for $12 and Hazet makes them for $25, from Germany.

Reply to
Wilson Lamb