Heater not working 1988 740

The first two or three inches of the pipe from the engine block to the heater is hot, from then on its cold or colder. I have checked the heater unit and are sure its not blocked or airlocked, any thoughts on what is going on here.

Reply to
no

You've got a blockage somewhere in the line, could be at the water pump, or anywhere else along the way. Does your heater control valve work?

Reply to
James Sweet

The heater worked for a short time yesterday. I stopped at a service stationthen when restarting the heater was not working again. I have blown through the heater so cant understand what's happening

Reply to
no

Quite possible that the hose has collapsed internally which will stop water movement.

Cheers, Peter.

Reply to
Peter Milnes