Help!!

I'm trying to remove the rear brake disc on a 2004 volvo s60. I have everything clearer away (removed the caliper, caliper bracket and disc retaining nut)

I was able to beat the crap out of it to break it loose, it was pretty rusty.

It now moves freely. I can turn it and turn the hub. When I try to pull it, i can't work it off. it seems like a spring is holding it in. I know there isn't one.....and yes my parking brake is off and not seized.

Any clues? I suspect the e-bake shoes are keeping it from being worked loose. How do i get them to retract? is it something else?

Reply to
superhawk