help!! need some opinions before buying

I was the guy who posted as Newbie to Volvo world a week or so ago. anyway, I have been doing a lot of research on used Volvos and I have zeroed in on the mid-to-late 90's 850's or 960's. I have been searching autotrader and craigslist for two weeks now. The best car I have found is at a very reputable dealership. It is a 1997 960 in very good to great condition. It has 79,500 miles on it and they are asking $8990. They just fixed the a/c and sunroof.

I realize that going to a dealership is not where one finds the best value on a used car. I have looked up the carfax on it(clean) and checked the values on kbb and nada and this one is on the high end of both sites. But frankly, we are in great need of a new car and I am tired of the shopping game. I do not have time for it and it seems that I am chasing my tail to perhaps save a few bucks. So long story short what would you guys pay for a:

1997 960 79,500 miles great condition from a reputable vovlo dealership
Reply to
adsf

$5,500

after some searching...i found a 00 s80t6

139,000 miles for $7,500...relax and take your time...there are some goo deals out there...are you watching e bay and ipd ads?

adsf wrote:

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

I have been looking on e-bay. what is ipd?

Would you agree that while the newer year model is attractive in your example, the mileage on the 00 s80 vs. the mileage on my example is worth financial consideration? I figure we can make an offer of 8k out the door and we would get it.

thanks for the input and I would love to know what ipd is.

Reply to
adsf

I found ipd. thank you!!

Reply to