High mounted parking light error

The mounted parking light failed on my 96 850 turbo. I measured the voltage across the two nodes, it showed up randomly among 12,5,0v. kinda weird. Anyone experienced same problem?

Reply to
hos03001

I'm assuming you mean the brake light in the rear window... There's a sliding contact that wears out. Try pulling the light away from the window a couple of millimetres.

Reply to
Mike F

You could try removing the assembly, cleaned the contacts with sand paper, apply some dielectric grease to the tabs and reinstall. If it still doesn't work or if the tabs are broken off you will need to replace it.

Reply to
volvoguy