Parking brake light comes on during acceleration

Has anyone experienced a situation where the parking brake light comes on during moderately high acceleration, and then goes off again during deceleration? This just started happening recently, and it never happened before. Obviously I don't expect my parking brake signal light to be an accelerometer, so I assume that perhaps the sensor has gotten loose.

2001 GP SE.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Check and adjust your brake fluid level.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Why would this be related to the parking brakes?

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

Because the park brake light also lights when the brake fluid is low.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

It's not a parking brake light. It's a brake indicator light. It tells you: A. You are low on brake fluid. B. You have a pressure problem in the system c. You have your parking brake set GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Ah, understood, thanks.

Yousuf Khan