how to remove the interior mirror on s80?

hi

i have a mirror off another car that has auto dimming electronics, it would fit the mirror casing of my s80, it only needs a 12v supply and ground to make it work,

but i see there is a plug into my mirror, as it has seat belt warning lamps in it. i also noticed that it has some electronics in there as well. but my mirror has only a lever for dimming.

if i could get the mirror glass out maybe fit my auto dim glass if i could find 12v source. but i cannot seem to get into the mirror casing. any help welcome. col

Reply to
colin211

The mirrors can not be interchanged from car to car as the mirror is the upper electronic module this is where the remote codes are stored & each is unique for each car it will mount up no problem the plugs are the same but you will create a whole set of problems with the electronics of your car there is a slim chance that some or all of the modules that rely on the UEM will not work or let the smoke out of a control module Glenn K Volvo Certified Technician 2008 ASE Certified Technician 2008

Reply to
Glenn K

hi thanks for the info, looks like i will not bother on your advice. thanks col

Reply to
colin211