I feel the engine through the steering wheel

I just had the 2000 xc evaluated and asked about the rough idle feel in the steering wheel. It was not identified as a problem, but it is botherson to me. On the road, at highway speed everything is O.K. At a stop light, the engine running can be felt in the steering wheel and the brake peddle. Shifting into neutral and the sensation goes away. The motor mounts and transmission mounts were inspected and no problem indicated. Has anyone else experienced this?

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com

I have changed the fuel to HT since purchase and thought the plugs were new but haven't checked. What concerns me is when at a stop light the feel is like the engin/transmission is sitting on the steering linkage. Shifting into neutral and it disappears.

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com

It sounds like the Upper Torque Mount is not doing it's job have this inspected & replace if there is excessive movement in the mount Glenn K Did you ever get the key corrected ? let me know

Reply to
Glenn Klein

Yes I did and thank you for the number. I had to go to the part person and walk them through what they needed to do to locate the information. What you provided me with saved me and the dealer a lot of wasted effort and money. Thank you again,,,

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com

I do have an independent but certified Volvo mechanic I trust but he is six hours away. He has gone over the car and ticked off my concerns and the feel in the steering wheel was not identified as a concern. In fact he said he liked the first generation XC better than the more recent because you could still feel the road. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive, my wife drives the car and she notices nothing.

Reply to
newowner via CarKB.com