How do i correct steering wheel play in my '61 Ghia which causes car to drift.

I can move the steering wheel a couple of inches before any tire movement is felt. Also out the highway at speeds, I need to constantly correct the steering
to keep going straight. Side winds also cause this. I did do some research and some remedies are a adjustment in the steering box or bad tie rods or wheel bearing. Can someone be more specific and maybe point me to a you tube video.
You will need a 17mm allan wrench. On the steering box (access behind spear tire) loosen large nut and turn 17mm bolt untill the steering feels tight, re tighten nut.

watch out! you can tighten that too tight. only tighten a bit and then back it off. this should be done when the wheel are pointed straight. Good Luck. it's probably wear somewhere else.
--
Karma ; what a concept!