Ignition degrees - B230F??

I've got problem with my B230F in V740. I've got 18 degrees in ignition set,..is it correct or not?? I think, that I've got bed timing belt setting. The engine works "hard", noisy, loss of power. Tell me,....if the timing belt have got bad setting (only 1 teeth),..how many degrees ignition can be moved?

Reply to
sq1euo

Hi, Jarek - The timing should be 12 degrees, but I don't recall the conditions for setting it. The 6 degree difference is too small to be a jumped timing belt, but without checking it is impossible to say whether the belt was put on wrong and the timing adjusted to match.

The ignition timing can be moved quite a lot, but be sure you are not just compensating for something else that's wrong.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee