Jerky S80 - help

I have a '99 S80 T6 with approx 140,000 miles. This morning the "Check Engine" light went on and the message window started displaying the "Emission System Service Required" message (it's not the gas cap). Here are the current symptoms:

Very rough idle At very low speed 5-10mph major jerking Ride becomes smoother with higher speeds At 50-80 mph the "Check Engine" light flashes about once per second instead of steady on, and the ride is fairly smooth.

Any ideas/clues would be appreciated! Thanks, in advance.

Alex L.

Reply to
line123

My guesses without getting an OBDII code would be either a misfire (bad coil pack or plug for one of the cylinders) or a faulty O2 sensor. I believe either would send the emissions related message. As engine RPMs climb the two problems mentioned would seem to lessen.

Jordan 1999 S70 Loaded!

l> I have a '99 S80 T6 with approx 140,000 miles. This morning the "Check

Reply to
Jabber

Jabber:

Great diags!!! Was a misfire due to bad ignition coil. Thanks!

Reply to
line123