Just got an 89 240 GL Sedan and want to spruce it up

First, I should say I'm a girl. Not to be sexist or anything, but this is new to me.

Anyway, Mechanically, this thing is perfect.

Body-wise - perfect. It's black, not a speck of rust, no dents or dings. It's been very well taken care of in that regard. It is glossier than my 2000 black Isuzu Trooper.

Anyway, interior it needs some work. It's leather and the seats are pretty bad. Structurally, they're good. Very comfy and firm. But, I'd like to either replace the leather covers or just replace the seats if I have to. Both the front buckets and the rear bench need to be addressed.

My question is, where could I go to get some covers that fit like factory? Or, if I decide to go with new seats, is there any way to say

- take seats from a 97 850 and make them work for mine? I can have someone do it for me. I just need to know if it's possible.

Thanks so much everyone!

Reply to
SpookyMyers

IPD sells real nice seat covers, they're $$$ though. Alternatively the seats are pretty easy to tear apart, if you know how to sew you could buy leather or fabric and reupholster them, or pay someone else to do it. I haven't tried yet but it's on my list of things to do as my leather seats are pretty tired.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks James. Ya know, I've done some furniture reupholstering (fabric only) and do know how to sew some, so maybe it would be worth a shot to get a few of my crafty friends together to see what we can do....

It looks like some> IPD sells real nice seat covers, they're $$$ though. Alternatively the

Reply to
SpookyMyers