key ignition

I'm in a bind, my wife has inserted a small magnet into the key ignition of a Vovlo 1998 s90

I have the plastic covers off the stearing console but can't for the life of me figure out how I would remove this to try and fish the magnet out.

I have searched the web but I can't find any documetns that would help me in this matter.. please help!

thanks in advance

Reply to
jim.force

Have you tried a small powerful magnet on the end of a thin rod? Or take the electrical switch off the back of the ignition lock and pass a small thin rod through from the back of the lock to push it out.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes