Lambda Sensor Test?

Hi Volvo People.

Does anyone have a reliable test for determining if the 2 Lambda sensors in my exhaust are functioning properly?

My V40 1.8i has been pretty bad on fuel recently, and I was wondering if this was due to the Lambda sensors.

Thanks, Dave.

Reply to
Dav-G

After thoroughly warming up the car (by driving, not at idle), leave the engine running and put a high impedance voltmeter between the oxygen sensor signal wire and ground. The voltage should vary 3-4 tenths of a volt up and down centered around .45V several times per second. Or, put another way the voltage should vary from about .1 up to .8.

Reply to
Mike F