Modified Camshafts for V40 1.8i

Dear Volvo People,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some 'Fast Road' or 'Rally' modified / high-lift / long-duration camshafts for my 2002 1.8i (non-GDi) V40 engine?

Preferably 'off the shelf', rather than getting my current ones reprofiled, as I'm told that reprofiling is vastly inferior due to there being less material on the lobes at the end.

I'd appreciate any suggestions / contacts who can help me get me some more power out of my 1.8i unit, as I'm sure there's more to be had from it!

Thank you all in advance. Regards, Dave G.

Reply to
Dav-G

why didn't you bought at the start a stronger engine, why paying a lot of money on a few HP's!!!

Reply to
noLOGIC

A transplant to a 2.0T surely would be the best way forward?? (You'd be best off with a donor car infront of you to all the bits rob from)

New cams in your 1.8 is the start of the job, you'd then have to go for a bespoke remapped ECU at the very least, possibly better exhaust manifold, porting the head and inlet manifold etc etc etc to make use of them.

Or just change the car for a 2.0T or T4....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..