Last V40/S40 produced in Born

Hello,

The last "old-style' S40/V40 cars were produced in Born on Wednesday May

19, 2004. In total 1.000.033 X40 cars were produced there for Volvo Cars since 1996. Their successors are being built in Gent, Belgium.

It was a bit of a nostalgic moment for me, as I have been involved with these cars from their initial design (starting back in 1992) untill I retired early 2003. At that occasion I betted with some Volvo guys that they wouldn't reach the 1.000.000 milestone mark before the end of May 2004 (when the Joint Venture between Volvo Cars and Mitsubishi Motor Cars formally ends).

So I lost the bet.............8-)

Regards,

Reply to
Ko Bros