Left front strut on 1988 245 DL

Have to had a used Left Front strut installed in place of one where my lousy tech broke 1-2 boltson the balljoint housing and temporarilly welded the ball joint about 3 months ago (that lasted a few months this way) Anyway he slapped the complete strut so quickly I didn't see what the H%^L was involved, so now it seems there is something seriously wrong with this strut or the mount (bearing) very noisy and when I jacked that wheel off the ground to replace winter tires it appears there is extreme play in the top end of the strut (something binding when a turned the wheel from side to side while still off the ground) does anyone know what is going on?

Reply to
dable

Check for a broken spring.

Reply to