240DL OVERHEATING?

Hi,

How do I tell that my car is overheating? The previous owner suspected that the gauge is faulty. When it is all the way up, even on the orange/red area, the car is still running just fine. Both upper and lower radiator hoses are very firm and plumpy, are they normal when the engine is running after 15-20 minutes?

thersmostat is new, waterpump is said to be 4yrs old. i drained and redrained the radiator 3 times, but the gauge still very high or on red area.

asm

Reply to
bubun

Hi!

Change the engineheat indicator on the motor. It´s easy and its a cheap sparepart too....borrow one if you can (it might be the fault, but not 100% sure. You can never be that sure ).

/Gert C

Reply to
Arne C

And make sure that the insulation isn't falling off the wire that connects to it.

Reply to
Mike F

I will try it,

thanks,