Location of map sensor

1998 S70 T5 map sensor.

Where the heck is this part?

I have a code of P0107 (map sensor?) -- but have no idea where the part is located.

I see the drawing of the part itself (bosch? 3 pin connector going to it?) but I'm missing it.

THANKS.

Reply to
mkr5000

The T5 with Motronic dont use a map sensor- they and the LH systems use a hot film air mass meter. (air box lid)

Only the 10v Fenix 5.2 engines use a map sensor, connected with a white hose to the throttle body. The sensor lives on the relay panel just above the radiator. On these engines, inplace of the AMM is just a regular air temp sensor.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Hey, thanks a lot Tim.

The service code is P0107...so rather than map sensor, I should look at that air flow meter that feeds the airbox, right?

Funny thing is I had disconnected the battery and cleaned off the contacts on it's connector....they were very corroded....and the check engine light went out and the car ran great for about 30 minutes.

Then the CE light came back on.

Poor gas mileage but running OK. New air filter installed.

Do you think the sensor is just shot? Looks like they're not too pricey and it's easy fix.

Any other leads you can give me if it's not the sensor?

THANKS so very much.

Reply to
mkr5000

Thought I'd reply to my own post for the benefit of future searches on the matter.

This problem (the P0107 code) is VERY simple. A 5 minute job.

Simply remove the MAF (mass air flow) sensor, spray it with denatured alcohol -- and reinstall.

The sensor is part of the round tube coming out of the airbox -- take out the (2) security T20 torx -- pull it out, clean and reinstall. Just take out the sensor, not that whole cylinder it mounts on.

The car will run like new.

Probably a good idea to clean every 10K or so.

Reply to
mkr5000

Reply to
FLobresco