Looking for metric bolt.

I can't seem to find this anywhere. I need a 14 mm x 2 120 mm bolt full thread, to mount a trailer hitch to me 93 Volvo 240. Any ideals? I have called a lot of places and the full thread seems to be the problem. Thank you Joe

Reply to
joeP

I assume the reason you want metric is because you have a metric

-sized hole on the car (or similar). You could get an imperial one and use a tap & die set - to either change the size of the hole - or cut a new thread on the bolt... Hint: Most mechanics should have a tap & die set.

Allan.

Reply to
Just Allan

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Assuming you want the bolt that replaces the bumper shock bolt in the trunk, just get them at the Volvo dealer. Assuming they're still available, that is. Try ordering bolt part number 946887, and there's a sleeve that spans the distance from the bottom of the bumper shock to the frame rail, part number 1343561.

Reply to
Mike F

If it's a Volvo tow kit then try Volvo. Otherwise I would have expected a decent bolt shop to be able to supply. I have found some replacement bolt impossible to get unless I go to Volvo. Brake mounting bolts and stuff like that. Can get them but not the correct grade.

AJS

Reply to
AJS

Good online source for hardware and all sorts of other things

Mike

Reply to
M L

I called the dealer with your numbers and I should have the bolts in my hands by Tuesday. Can't thank you enough. Joe

Reply to
Cuezilla