Mirror replacement in 145

The backing on the rearview mirror in my 1972 145 has started crumbling, which will soon result in it falling apart. I've got a replacement mirror that will mount on the windshield but need to remove the old support arm--but there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to take it off. I'd rather not resort to a hacksaw if I can avoid it.

Any suggestions on the proper way to dismount it?

Thanks,

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston