Multiple S70 check engine error codes after collision

My S70 was in a collision of moderate severity recently. The front was crumpled slightly, but there was no evident engine damage. After the accident, the check engine light came on, and the following diagnostic codes were read:

541 Evap. valve 616 Cannister valve 447 Control valve Air Pump 212 Front O2 sensor signal 521 Front 02 heating 153 Rear O2 signal 522 Rear O2 heating 223 A/C pressure sensor signal

The engine appears to run normally, but the A/C is not working. How could a collision cause all of these components to fail? Could it be that the wiring is damaged? How should the repair process proceed?

Reply to
Armchair observer

Wiring or connector damage perhaps? This is not something to diagnose by usenet!

John

Reply to
John Horner

I would imagine that there's a damaged or unconnected common ground somewhere near the right headlight. But of course it could be somewhere else, or the harness itself is damaged.

Reply to
Mike F

Best bet return to the body shop that repaired & have them figure out what happened Glenn

Reply to
G Klein

On 13/4/04 7:20 AM, in article yKDec.11074$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, "G Klein" decided to come out from under the bed and slurred:

Just had the same happen. Body shop had no idea. Take it to someone that knows Volvos.

Hammo

Reply to
Hamish Alker-Jones

Thanks for the reply. There appears to be an empty rectangular socket next to the passenger-side headlight. Is this where a ground connector should have been plugged in? What does the ground connection look like?

Reply to
Armchair observer

Thanks to a competent local garage, this problem was correctly diagnosed. It turned out to be caused by a blown fuse and a loose A/C pressure sensor. The local Volvo dealer (Big Dee, in White Plains, NY) was unable to make this diagnosis and proposed changing out all the items indicated by the error codes, at a cost of over $1,000. I am very disappointed in Volvo's local dealer mechanics and I will not be returning there for maintenance.

Reply to
Armchair observer