940 Power Window Struggle

My driver's window usually (but not always) hits great resistance about 2/3 open, only when opening. The door panel bulges outward when this happens.

I posted this last year and someone suggested a loose screw, but I've finally got it open but cannot see anything loose. Everything looks very clean and in order. The curved rail leans away from vertical when the problem occurs.

Any other suggestions? Possibly one of the tracks? It's difficult to feel around in behind.

Thanks in advance, H2Only

BTW, it will be for sale as soon as this and a couple other niggles are sorted out. 1993 940T wagon, loaded, 221K km, very well maintained. (Just did a little weekend run to Ottawa and back; smashed my record time in total comfort.) Located in SW Ontario. email enquiries to me directly.

Reply to
H2Only

does o/s air temp seem to make a difference?

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

The fuzzy part of the window tracks wear out, and then the window tries to slide on rubber, which doesn't work so well. Try a little spray silicone lubricant on the rubber in the tracks inside the door. If this fixes the problem, then the permanent fix would be new rubber.

Reply to
Mike F

I've wondered about that one. It has done it in all seasons, but occasionally it is OK for a few consecutive uses. I haven't done a scientific survey, though. H2Only

Reply to
H2Only

Turns out that simple lubrication of the two lower tracks was all that was needed. I narrowed it down to the little guides on the two short lower tracks. They looked like they were maybe a bit worn, but a little grease has fixed it.

Thanks to all.

H2Only

Reply to
H2Only