My radio is controlling my headlamps! help

Hi, a couple days ago I posted regarding a problem I thought I was having with my fog lamps. This is on a 91' Coupe. I diagnosed the problem incorrectly, it seems that in the headlight "off" position, whenever I turn the power on to my radio (non-factory) it turns on the headlamps.

I recently had the radio installed by proffesionals (or at least I assumed!) so I wonder if they crossed wires somehow? The radio works fine. Do the wires that provide power to the radio on a 780 also used for the headlamps? I just want to know before I bring it back to them to try and fix.

thanks lp

Reply to
Luke Perry

Well, generally there's a wire from the lights that takes power to the radio to light up the radio face when the lights are on. If they wired this wire to something on the radio that is for the power antenna for example, then turning the radio on would turn the lights on as well.

Reply to
Mike F